If you experience any issue while searching for older emails in Outlook, it must be resolved by updating the Outlook configurations.
The problem arises from the outlook end and not SkyConnect. Thus, you can use webmail (baya) to search for messages.
For outlook, there are various different configurations that could resolve the issue:
1. Rebuild the outlook index
- Type “control” into the Windows search bar and select the best match to open the Control Panel.
- Head to Programs > Programs & Features.
- Scroll down and select Outlook 2019, Microsoft Office [your version], or Microsoft 365.
- Now, select Change from the top menu. You can now choose Quick Repair or Online Repair, as highlighted in the image below.
- Choose Quick Repair, then Repair, to fix the Outlook indexing issue without using your internet connection.
- Restart the application for the changes to reflect.
For Windows, refer:
For mac, refer:
2. Increase Email Sync Slider
This will enable Outlook to sync and index the older emails that may be missing in the Outlook search results. Follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select your email account and then click ‘Change’.
- Drag the slider to ‘All’ and then click ‘Next’.
- Drag the slider to ‘All’ and then click ‘Next’: Move Slider to ALL.
- Click ‘OK’ when a prompt appears.
- Click ‘Finish’ to close the window and then restart Outlook.
- After restarting, Outlook will index all the mail items. Once done, you can search for the desired mails.